About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whirlygig class with Becky Goldsmith

Our guild held a 2 day workshop on Monday and Tuesday with Becky Goldsmith of Piece 'O Cake Designs. She was a wonderful teacher. We learned paper piecing, cutaway applique and needle turn applique. Quite a complicated block - Whirlygig! What fun! but kind of intimidating at first. All these techniques were new for me. But with a little practice last night my confidence is BACK!!! Sorry about the bad color in one pic. The middle block shows the true color.

I finished my block this afternoon! I plan to design a bumble bee wall hanging for my future grandchild! Just hoping for now. Planning to make at least 4 whirlygigs, each a different color. The applique flowers will be made with the checks in several colors.
Becky gave a program for our Guild meeting. She taught us so much about color! I have not worked with such bright fabrics before my story quilt so this is a whole new area of color and design for me. Happy Quilting!
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful block - it will make a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!