I sewed a bit today on my Story Quilt. Made some changes --- I realized that my feet looked like the house had landed on the Wicked Witch of the West --- NOT GOOD !!!!!!!!!!! It looks much better with more of my legs. The brick bannisters were driving me crazy, I realized I was trying to be too realistic with the placement of the steps, so that change is good, I think. Also I didnt like my flower pots so one more change. Actually I changed the hot air balloons too so they have more color and contrast with the border and blocks. With all the colorful crazy patch borders and hoochy mama blocks, it is hard to get enough contrast. This is certainly a learning experience and I am learning from all the necessary changes. I am using Mary Englebreit garden frames with sweet phrases and cut a heart shape to add to the gate.
I may be sorry, but I have not used any stabilizer or fusible for the applique, just sewing them on. Since I cut everything freehand I can re cut as I go and have used pinking shears on some edges.