About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Saturday, March 20, 2010

National Quilting Day

It is National Quilting Day but I am not sewing. My grandchildren are here for spring break, we are having so much fun. I joined out local quilt guild last week at their meeting, my first time to go. They are enjoying a sew in at a LQS finishing quilts for charity. Since I was unable to attend but wanted to contribute I took 3 lap quilt tops that can be quickly quilted. I think my inspiration from this is to use some cute childrens prints from my stash and make up a few more small size quilts to donate for the next sewing day. I signed up for a free- motion machine quilting class in April. Looking forward to learning a lot! Have a great day!
It is snowing here in Oklahoma on the first day of Spring! That is Oklahoma weather for you, 72 degrees yesterday and 30 today with 24 MPH. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is, just hoping my wisteria wont freeze!
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. I have seen on the news what Oklahoma is getting and the winds were up to 40 MPH. I hope you are your wisteria dont freeze. I didn't know today was National Quilting Day...thank for the info.God Bless Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!