About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Monday, March 8, 2010

Border Ideas

Today I completed one more block, bowtie, on lower left. I cut some strips of my brown botanical print for my outside borders, inserted blue in between and rust between blocks. (not sure about the rust but like the blues and browns) I am working on a pieced border to go between the blue and brown borders in the center medallion. It is a smaller version of the bowtie. In the back of my head I am thinking of squaring the center instead of setting it on point. That will be my next post hopefully with some of the pieced border. This is my favorite stage in quilting, working out the details and fitting my ideas into the space I have created. Running out of room vertically so I may have to move my batting to a wall in order to see the full length as I get further along. Oh well, I'll think about that tomorrow! Thanks for looking at my blog. Leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. How lucky to have a design wall to try out your ideas. I really like the blue/brown combo too but the rust isn't as bad as you think. It brings out the rust in some of the blocks. Hmmmmmmm decisions, decisions..... I will stay tuned to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!