About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cold winter fix for drafty windows

 Covered the small window with fake fur, really uptown window coverings! Opposite windows on North have 2 layers Warm and Natural and one  quilt top.

Well all you quilters out there is the brutal winter weather will love this pic! My quilting workroom is upstairs  garage apartment 3 rooms with lots of windows, wonderful in the spring and fall, but this weather has forced me to find a solution to the wind chill factor. I have hung layers of warm and natural batting over the windows, still get enough light. It has helped a lot, the triple bay area is covered with batting that I pieced together so it looks like a hodgepodge but what ever works!!!
Even wearing my cotton quilting gloves to stay warm.
I am machine quilting the Bohemian blended quilt with a flannel backing so that is helping to keep me warm too. Taking a break to make beef stew for dinner and a dessert with sugar free ingredients. Then back upstairs to sew.
By the way I didnt add that I have to go outside to the garage to sew upstairs. That metal lock on the door sure is cold!!!
Happy Quilting and stay warm
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I find this interesting as I am sitting here freezing in my sewing room! I have big wooly socks on my feet but they are still cold, so I went and put my cowgirl boots on ! Much better! Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite the sewing area! Too bad it is so cold.♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!