About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Searching for Sunbonnet Sue - Seasons quilt

Last week I saw a Sunbonnet Sue quilt where she was elaborately dressed and decorated for each month of the year. One block she was dressed in green wool coat and hat trimmed with fur. I can't remember whose blog I saw it on. If it was yours, please respond so I can see it again. It is truly a work of needle art!!!

No sewing for a month - I have been hand quilting my Grandma's Friendship Blocks quilt for my oldest daughter Shannon. I will do the binding today and then in the washer and dryer. I will post a picture when all finished.
During the past month since Dale's colon surgery and complications, he was back in the hospital. He is doing really well now, gets drain tube out tomorrow. He did try to play 9 holes yesterday but was exhausted and rested all afternoon and evening.
Last week I was stricken with either a vicious viral bug or the flu, while recovering I did a lot of browsing throught the quilt galleries and blogs.
That is how I had the time to look at  so many talented quilters and their work. Sunbonnet Sue please respond!!!

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, I think there was a book on Sun Bonnet Sue in the seasons. I would check the public library for a copy of the book. Hope you find it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!