About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Machine quilted Underground RR Feathered Star

I have spent the last 3 days machine quilting the Underground RR Feathered Star medallion. After taking my advanced Free Motion class last Saturday I wanted to practice and use the techniques. My goodness!!! it certainly is harder to do on a 76" quilt than on a 22" sampler. But I persevered and am finished. I was quite worried before washing but am happy now. Of course I see LOTS of mistakes and uh ohs!!! This is for me so that is okay. Our quilt guild is having a show in June so I will enter it, not a judged show just voting for favorites. Taking Aleve for my aching hands and shoulders!

4 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job and should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great work! I love the FMQ design you did in the blue border around the feathered star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The center medallion of this quilt is wonderful. A very good piecing job.
    I find machine quilting quite a challenge on bigger quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to be a mighty determant person to put your self through that althought I'm sure its worth it...it is beauitful. I ask you once what you eat to give you all this energy...well maybe its has something to do with what I posted on today...let me know if you eat a lot of honey lol. God Bless Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!