About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Sunday, April 14, 2013

A weekend for borders

A weekend full of paper piecing! 4 border sections are complete. Fabrics auditioned. These paper pieced sections have been turned and flipped and moved around.
Final layout is to be determined!!!
Time to stop for a while.  My Guild meets tomorrow evening so I need to get my agenda ready. Next president should be a much more focused member, this president has way too much family depending on me.
Now my NEWS!!! Our youngest daughter Kayla and husband Kraig are expecting!!! TWINS!!! What a fabulous surprise. Too bad they live 9 hrs away in Albuquerque. Guess I better get really comfortable flying cause she will need me a lot!!! Our other grandchildren were all born here in our hometown. So we saw them everyday and never missed any milestones. Needless to say I will be in ABQ alot!
This week my 92 yr old mother will be staying with me for a while. I have plenty of needleturn applique to keep my hands busy and out of trouble while keeping an eye on mother. I hope the weather will be mild so we can sit on the porch and have a cup of tea and watch the birds. She is in early stage Alhzheimers and is weak from a broken pelvis. Pelvis has healed but the recovery has taken its toll on her.
Happy Quilting!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!