About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finished Draperies with new rods!








You may wonder why I include this post in my quilting blog. My best friend/Sissy (Janeen) my baby sister ( a whole 15 months younger ) and I had a custom drapery business for many years. For 8 yrs after that we both worked in interior design in a wonderful furniture/design/gift store.
For many years my designs were for clients. This fall I designed and made the lace sheers and lined draw draperies for my living room. I even treated myself to all the trims and beads I would have chosen for my clients. It was a BIG job to say the least but turned out fabulous and I want to share with my quilting blog friends. I have included day and night pics.
What a crazy Christmas holiday this has been!!! I was later than usual getting the house decorated for Christmas because of carpet installation. So I rushed to decorate and was so glad I did because the grandchildren really loved it all. I am always antsy to take it all down and did the day after Christmas, Allison and kiddos were still here and she was sick with the flu. Thursday I came down with flu too so now it is Wednesday Jan 2 and I feel like I have lost a week.
Today I took pics of the new draperies and lace sheers I made in November, with the new traverse rods installed. I even hung a quilt on a rack in my morning room. First time I have had one of my quilts hanging in my home!
Thank you for taking time too view my blog!
2013 will be a great year for lots of quilting!!!
Colleen






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!