About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Sunday, May 29, 2011

WIP - Lizzy Mae's Medallion

Yesterday I started Lizzy Mae's Medallion blocks.
 The appliqued medallion is done by machine with a blanket stitch. The center has been done for several months. I have chosen to use 3 large prints in gradating values for the alternate blocks. The pattern by Lori Smith used subtle changes in value from lighter on the inside row of blocks to darkest on the outside row. My plan is to give my own twist to make a blended version of the pattern. (originally I purchased shades of teals for this quilt, but used them in my Feathered Star so I am using my stash for this quilt) The pattern finishes 60 sq. I am considering adding an appliqued border. I will post my design wall as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!