About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Saturday, February 6, 2010

New project- Batik kaleidescope

This is my first try at making a kaleidescope, dont have a book but have discovered some really good instructions and pictures of step by step on blogs. I had purchased these peacock colored batiks for a quilt for my sister, not knowing what I might do with them. Now I am auditioning the corner triangles to use to make the blocks intertwine. In my pic I can see that the blues arent working so back to the drawing board today with other choices.
Something is telling me that I should have used something other than batiks for my first try at this technique! But I do think it is pretty and my sister will love it.
If any of you have suggestions on my color values to use for the corners please respond. My thanks go out to Elaine Adair and Subee Sews for their inspiration.
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. First thans for stopping by to see my Indian Orange Peel quilt and your sweet comment. I love your blocks they are very pretty. I would try to put the light beige or gray in your corners to keep it soft and suttle. That is just a suggestion. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!