About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

New quilt pics tomorrow!

I have finished the Witches Castle quilt top for 10 yr old grandson Joe. It is really scary he will love it. I will post pics tomorrow.
Also, starting machine quilting (stitch in the ditch) on my Batik Puzzle Quilt. I no longer hand quilt, but did not want any stitching crossing over my puzzle blocks. So I decided to machine quilt it using my walking foot on my Bernina 930. An older model but I love that sewing machine. It is going pretty well. The blocks are set on diagonal, so I have two large triangle sections, and separate borders to quilt.
Twyla wants to see my sewing workroom! Are you sure??? I used to have a custom drapery workroom business with my sister. We converted our garage apartment, opened up walls and have a built in sewing table and a 4' x 8' work table on rollers. Not a pretty studio, but If I ever have time in between projects I just might fix it up! No pretty shelving but plain shelves to store fabric and lots of other stuff!

1 comment:

  1. hello Colleen i am a new blogger and learning all the time i have just found your site and love it especially the quilts i hope the receiver of the witch quilt is loving it as am i, i an really looking forward to reading the whole of your blog any hints and tips would be gratefully received.
    Thank you for making this british Girlie very happy.
    love Pammie from Pumpkins blossom and Bees xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!