About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to blogging

I last blogged on Oct 4, 2011, where did the last 3 months go? I purchased the embroidery module for my Bernina 430. Yes! everyone was right, it is ADDICTIVE. I made lots of gifts for Christmas but neglected to take pics. I have several projects to share with my blogging friends. Some embroidery, a finished quilt and some new creative projects. So get a cup of coffee or hot tea and take a few minutes to view.
First the Whirlygig Quilt I started in workshop with Becky Goldsmith in July. I was very scared to quilt it myself on my Bernina frame because the centers and all the borders are hand needleturn applique. Lots of hours of enjoyment as I became more comfortable with the applique. With many new projects to start (this is a quilt show year for my Guild) I needed to get over my fear and get this project finished. I worked for 4 days quilting and decided to do a pieced colorful border accent. I am so happy with it and have named it "Bee Happy". It will someday grace the wall of a nursery for a grandchild when KK and Kraig start a family. Until then I will keep it for the Quilt Show on Sept 14 and 15.




My plan is to get back to blogging and have missed reading all my favorite blogs.

5 comments:

  1. So vibrant and colorful. Just beautiful....quilting looks great. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog -- and just saw your dogs -- oh memories -- I grew up with a miniature schnauzer!! They are soooo cute!
    Diane in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Your quilt is gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Your quilt is even more BEEutiful with the border--what an amazing treat for my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Your Whirlygig is truly a happy quilt so you picked a great name. It would have made me happy just to finish a quilt like this. I am hoping to finish the one block we worked on in class!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!