About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Works in progress! January 2011

Happy New Year to all you Quilt Bloggers! 2010 was a busy quilting year for Colleen and I have started the New Year off right.
I hosted the first annual Quilt-a-thon for New Year's Holiday! My sweet sister Janeen and good friends Margo and Ame all came over with sewing machines and projects. We sewed all day Friday and Saturday, Janeen even spent the night, although we were too tired to stay up til midnight and did not make any mischief at all! Ame completed a lap quilt for her son, Margo bordered a lap quilt and layered it and learned to stitch in the ditch. Janeen started a 9 patch Cowboy quilt for husband Buddy.
We sewed, laughed and of course ate lots of goodies, Margo made the most delicious black eyed peas, Ame made a great Italian dip and Janeen brought an ice box lemon meringue pie. We even took a break to watch the Grey Gardens documentary, then sewed a few more hours. A good time was had by all and we will certainly do it again!!! I forgot to take pics of all of us sewing, Here are pics of what I finished piecing, we had fun telling each other what looked good and what might need to be changed, true quilters!!!
 Bohemian beauty! what a mix of gorgeous fabrics and colors, this was so much fun! This will be a traveling quilt from master bedroom to living room, looks great both places!
 I began this blended quilt last year and decided to change borders. This is for my daughter in law's birthday, a little late, Happy Birthday Sheri Dec 29!
The mixed borders give a new softness to this quilt.

Thank you for taking time to read my blog, I always appreciate your comments!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!