About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Monday, January 24, 2011

New project


Last week I attended the Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show - it was wonderful. I sat in a seminar with Barbara Crawford, Crawford Designs. Her booth was the first one that really caught my eye and drew me in because of the beautiful wool applique. Lots of jackets, Christmas Stockings etc. The group I went with had signed up for a sweatshirt seminar called "Now You See It - Now You Don't". I had not signed up but there was room for me to attend for a small fee of $8.00. WELL THAT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT $$$ I SPENT ALL DAY!!! As we waited for the seminar to begin I had no idea it was put on by my favorite booth!!! Barbara is a very enthusiastic teacher and the jackets she displayed were beautiful. Starting with a sweatshirt as my pattern and a jacket design idea pattern that came free with purchase of a sweatshirt I started planning my design with the incredible woolens I had purchased from The Rabbit's Lair, thank you Mary for being so helpful in pulling every piece of wool that took my eye!
Here is a pic of my jacket "work in progress" making changes as I go along and adding trims and iron on metal bling. I have ordered the letters in O O A K in bronze to add for my  " one of a kind" signature. I am having soooooo much fun, I havent made any designer wearables in years, I was truly ahead of my time 25 yrs ago.
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!