About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Traveling Raffle Quilt

This past week Guild members spent 3 days in Chickasha Oklahoma showing our Raffle quilt and selling chances and our cookbooks. The event was the "Hop the River Shop Hop". This is the best pic I have taken of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" 80 x 80".
It is my original design, I am so proud of it. The quilt has been traveling since mid November 2010 and will be shown at many venues until our Holiday Festival Sept 17, when it will be given to a lucky winner.  So far we have raised over $500 the proceeds will be used for future programming for our Guild. I have been asked to design another quilt for a raffle for our next quilt show Sept 2012. I know for sure it will have a feathered star medallion center to honor Marsha McCloskey. We were so fortunate to learn from her in a full day workshop and an amazing feathered star quilt presentation.
Happy quilting!!!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!