About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Batik pillow shams

Today I started on my Batik pillow shams. I made the quilt last summer and I love it on the bed, but it needs shams. So I found all the leftover border blocks and the large blocks that I didnt use. The large blocks had been cut in half to use on my outer rows, but had too many.
I had this lovely Batik with all the colors except the blue used in my sashing. After several tries at different layouts I decided on this one and have topstiched all the pieces. The blue I used for sashing needs to be added somewhere, with only a few 3" strips left I will work on that next. They do have an exotic look and I have enough of the background to make the backing. I plan to machine quilt the tops. I might bind them with the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!