About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stitching Memories Quilt Guild donation quilts

Last night I attended quilt guild, there were about 45 people attending. We had a speaker from the local Youth Shelter. Our guild has made 83 quilts and 30 pillowcases to donate. Each child who goes through the shelter leaves with a quilt. That is so heartwarming to know that we will touch so many children who need to know they are loved.
I joined Stitching Memories Quilt Guild only last month. When the sewing day was announced I was unable to attend so I donated 3 quilt tops that were complete. It was very rewarding to see them quilted and bound and ready to go to a child. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing group of women and one gentleman who are willing to give their time and talents for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!